Friday, September 12, 2014

Tired of it yet???????????

I am having so much fun doing these mix media canvases.  It's also using up lots of charms and baubles I've been saving over the years.  Today I tackled one of those large thick paper mache letters like Michaels and Jo Anns sells.  I gessoed it twice as a base.  Then applied paper scraps with multi medium (love that stuff).  Then I covered it with texture medium and laid on some cheese cloth and did some stamping.  Then for the fun....I pulled out all the fun pieces and began laying them on.  I ended up using all silver which is not what I had in mind when I started but some things just "tell" you what to do.  I used both E6000 and hot glue to add everything then sprayed with Perfect Pearls mists Patina and Mister Huey's Sparkle.  I love that.  It adds sparkle and shine without color.  So much fun.  Needless to say this will have a spot of honor in my studio!



1 comment:

Createology said...

I am enjoying your mixed media pieces. You are so brave to use your "good stuff" and create magic. Creative Bliss...