Tuesday, March 25, 2014

SNOW! Can you believe it?

We had flurries here in Maryland this morning and they are saying more is coming.  Really? Really?  All I can say is Bah Humbug ( I know, mixing the seasons)!

I'm here to share a card with you today from a NEW favorite set of stamps.  Our Daily Bread's featured stamp set for January was Joy In A Jar.  Wonderful stamps, dies to match...just great.  The card I made, below, is on SU black cardstock and the background paper I think is either Recollections or K&Co.  I added a little pocket at the bottom to add a small tag.  The Joy in a Jar stamped bottle was colored with grey Copic markers and I used actual cork (from Michaels in the paper aisle) for the stopper.  The tag says Made in Heaven and is triple layered using Spellbinders. I put a small doily up on dimensionals with a little silver stickles to mount the bottle on.  A bow made on the super wonderful Bow It All and a few silk flowers complete the card. Some of the other bottle labels in this set say "Scent of Forgiveness, Extract of Mercy, Blessings in a Jar and there are 7 small sentiments to use as well.  I know I'll be using this set for a lot of cards I send to friends.  Seems everyone these days could use a card from this set.  Enjoy!



1 comment:

Shirley said...

Really elegant colors with a really cute and wonderful message! I really like how you did the doily behind that wonderful jar with the really great top. The flowers are a great add and I also like the die cuts you chose for your sentiments. Has a regal feel too!